Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly - millions of customers from independent developers to large enterprises visit our management console. For many it is their introduction to AWS and their primary tool to accomplish a wide variety of tasks that deeply impact their day-to-day productivity. Handling our rapidly growing customer base, from the novice to the expert, from startups to large enterprises, in a highly reliable, scalable, and secure manner is challenging. It is even more challenging because we are also innovating at an unmatched pace, which requires rapid iterations of the console, with data driven impact. At the heart of this rapid innovation is the AWS Console Platform.
Our team is looking for an entrepreneurial engineer interested in invention and building innovative products from scratch. We are a team of builders working on a brand new customer-facing tool that uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning and is built on serverless technology stack.
As a software engineer on our team, you will have an opportunity to get a broad development experience. You will work on the back-end, front-end, knowledge graphs, SDKs, machine-learning models, and other things including a few brand new AWS technologies!
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire innovators and offer them an environment where they can invent new, exciting solutions for our customers.
If you are looking for an opportunity to build out brand new products using complex, scalable, highly available systems. This is a chance to join a high-visibility startup within AWS but with solid backing from the company. We started with a scrappy team of builders and plan to double the size of the team by end of the year. It is a great time to join and grow with the team!
Work hard, have fun, make history.
- Bachelor's or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of experience in multi-tier web architecture
- 3+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- Master's or equivalent years of experience
- Familiarity with ReactJS, Redux, React Native, Webpack, and Typescript
- Obsessed with WPO (Web Performance Optimization)
- Familiar with web security, SEO, accessibility and internationalization
- Familiar with performance optimizations and trends
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Willing to go the extra mile to do things right and fast
- Able to learn large scale complex systems quickly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.