Who We Are – At Amazon Logistics (AMZL), our goal is to provide customers with an incredible package delivery experience through the last mile of the order. To achieve this goal, we partner with a network of small independent delivery businesses (Delivery Service Providers) and the independent contractor community (Amazon Flex) to deliver customer orders. Utilizing continuous improvement initiatives and creative thinking, our Delivery Station teams ensure that millions of packages reach their final destination as efficiently as possible. The team consistently raises the bar in customer experience and drives lean thinking in operations, while implementing innovative delivery solutions.
Amazon Logistics delivers packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We're looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team training AMZL Department of Transportation(DOT) Regulated Drivers on package delivery and vehicle operation. As a Driver Trainer II, you will train drivers on safe driving practices and ensure drivers are in compliance with Amazon training, safety, and maintenance standards. Training will involve a mix of both classroom and behind-the-wheel time. While primarily centered on creating and delivering driver training, Driver Trainer II will support elements of related Safety, Compliance, and Maintenance programs.
Candidate must be at least 21 years old. Candidates must be able to travel to multiple sites within 250 miles of their home building and have reliable transportation. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- Partner with Delivery Service Partners (DSPs), Operations Managers, and Area Managers to coordinate, facilitate, and measure training related activities.
- Track performance and provide identified retraining and process improvement opportunities to further develop non-CDL driver, DOT regulated training.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on the completion of trainings, compliance, safety, and maintenance duties.
- Educate and audit driver safety and compliance standards such as: driver vehicle inspection reports, hours of service, trip planning and safe road driving practices.
- Track and monitor performance including on road ride behinds to measure on-road quality, adherence to standards, and identify re-training and process improvement opportunities.
- Support equipment standard work within a node, including inspecting equipment, creating repair requests, monitoring repair execution, ensuring on-time preventive maintenance, managing campaigns and recalls, and maintaining unit history (e.g., for washes, warranties, registrations).
- Work at locations within node on an as needed basis to support the business.
- Drive, maneuver, and load/unload a truck as scheduled using approved equipment (dolly, etc.), with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lift up to 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Drive in accordance with DOT requirements.
- Work different shifts and travel to support other sites, up to 50% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon experience.
- 2+ years verifiable driving experience in the last 5 years.
- Knowledge of DOT/FMCSA(R) rules, regulations, and record keeping.
- 2+ years driver training experience.
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple facilities across the nation.
- Certified Driver Trainer (CDT).
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child. Relocation assistance is not provided. All individuals with physical or logical access to Amazon property, data and/or customers, must successfully complete a background check prior to commencing work for or on behalf of Amazon.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.