As a Senior Product Manager - Tech working on new Ring products, you will be directly responsible for defining and building the next generation of new product offerings for Ring customers. You will span the entire product lifecycle by creating the roadmap and use case stories to create and launch new innovative hardware/software products to improve safety and security for all Ring software and devices. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
You will help build the product strategy and vision for a team focused on new initiatives, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on that strategy and vision. You will be part of the Ring New Initiatives Organization and you will work cross-functionally with other product managers, engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features and products to market and develop and grow new business opportunities for Ring. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, be able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, show perseverance and steadfastness, love thinking about new products and technologies, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the definition, design and construction of products that delight consumers and compel them to engage despite an abundance of alternatives and distractions
- Lead the development of new product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Create buy-in for new product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely and collaboratively with design and product teams from partner organizations
- Drive dialog with engineering teams and program management from multiple products to deliver integrated services
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on product strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Ideal candidate should have consumer electronics product knowledge with emphasis on communication devices using industry standard protocols such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, etc.
- Experience delivering consumer software and hardware products in a high growth environment
- Experience developing rich device-driven experiences
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage tradeoffs
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and to drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the RingNeighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over50 percentdecrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.