Software Development Manager - Scaled Multi Channel Advertising – Sponsored Display
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class Advertising business where we run relevant display ads on key placements across our Retail website (e.g. amazon.com), Retail Mobile Shopping Apps, Devices (e.g. Kindle, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Echo, etc), Third Party websites (e.g. nytimes.com) and Third Party Mobile Apps. The Multi-Channel Advertising team is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Amazon’s ad solutions, by providing self-service display advertising capabilities to 200K+ supplier-brands (vendors and seller-brands). This is a chance to be in on a huge opportunity as we put an Amazon twist into online advertising.
The team is responsible for the Sponsored Display frontend experience which includes both the campaign building and management experience and downstream integrations. The frontend stack is critical to ensuring Sponsored Display customers have a delightful experience with managing their ad campaigns. Technical complexities includes building a complex and federated frontend stack that can support multiple ad strategies and providing customers with an intuitive and interactive user experience. The frontend experience will have to support +1MM customers across multiple marketplaces - scaling and internationalization are additional concerns to be managed.
You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better and often disruptive solutions. You know how to work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by going and building the solution. You want to create value and impact the direction of entire industries.
This role will involve driving products impacting many areas of our business. The individual in this role will have responsibility through the full product life cycle, from product strategy, prioritization and development to adoption and iteration with global sales and account management teams. You will directly manage engineering, product management, and client support teams and will build the next generation of Amazon's display ad serving systems.This role requires a deep technical person that can work at this scale but also interface with business teams and ensure our platform meets the needs of our customers.
- End to end ownership of the frontend UX concerns for the entire business ad vertical (Sponsored Display)
- Management and oversight of a 6+ person software engineering team with scope for expansion
- Develop and execute project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of engineering teams within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Here are some things that we'd prefer to see, though none is independently a requirement:
- Delivered a low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Previously held a technical leadership role for several complete large-scale projects
- Experience in managing multiple teams
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, and database systems
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age