- Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
The Prime Video Search Experience Services team (SET) is looking for high energy and experienced engineer to help us build the future of digital video streaming services. SET is a team that was created to build video-focused search infrastructures from the ground up. Our vision is to make Prime Video applications the first choice for anyone to find, discover, and engage with any Movie or TV Show. We will do that by developing structured video search systems that understand the intent of the search query accurately, utilize rich metadata sets, and consistently display relevant results to customers.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with a strong technical background, and a passion for search technologies, information retrieval problems, and digital entertainment.
Key activities include:
- Join a team in a startup mode with a group of highly passionate engineers.
- Be part of a large-scale V1 initiative. Participate in the design and the implementation, and help the team deliver the first version from ground up.
- Have an impact on the product direction and customer experience.
- Innovate and develop new ways to search videos.
- Gain experience in developing scalable, tier-1, AWS-based platforms.
- Continuously improve the search experiences, by experimenting with new features and algorithms, and measuring their impact.
- Build new capabilities to browse video content. A video knowledge graph for instance.
Prime Video is a premium entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choices in what to watch, and how to watch it. PV delivers movies and TV shows instantly to TVs, tablets, game consoles and PCs worldwide. This is a young and evolving business within Amazon where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. We're building the future of TV--yes, it's challenging, but it's also a lot of fun!