- Bachelor degree in a field with a strong emphasis on business or technology (Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, MBA)
- 4+ years of experience in product management, program management, or technology implementation.
- Demonstrated results working by influencing stakeholders in a highly-matrix cross-functional organization.
- Experience in using data and metrics to define business strategy and gain executive support for new visions.
- Advanced excel operations and analysis with large-scale datasets
- Superior Verbal/Written communication & data presentation skills, proved ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
Are you interested in understanding how Amazon manages to make sure that it has such in-stock rates on such a broad selection of products and makes sure that the products are placed correctly to fulfill customer demand? Our group is demand forecasting within supply chain optimization team that ensure that not only we have an accurate forecast for quantities we will sell for each product but also where this demand is located. We build the systems and algorithms that predict customer demand for all products sold on the Amazon platform. We are applying advanced statistics, deep learning and machine learning techniques to improve forecast accuracy, while tackling cutting edge "big data" problems in storage and computation.
We need a creative, smart and enthusiastic thought leader with a background in product innovation and analytics ready to take the lead for building the right palette of products for forecasting for all kind of business and products.
As a product manager in forecasting, you will be responsible for
- Building the roadmap & vision for forecasting systems within Amazon
- Understanding where the innovations are happening and how can improve our systems to cover as many products and as much demand as possible
- Come up with innovative solutions working with our machine learning & research scientists that solves forecasting challenges for new businesses that Amazon keeps inventing
- Communicate and earn trust with our customers in retail & our downstream systems
- Establishing the product's goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
Defining product requirements based on an intimate knowledge of the customers, retail business and supply chain processes