- BS/MS in Computer Science
- 3+ Years' experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- 3+ Years' of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, high performance, secure, and accessibility compliant.
- Skilled in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
- Proficiency in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, MVC frameworks, Struts or Spring desired.
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding14, modules, MVC, objects, promises).
- Able to dive into the source code of front-end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary
- Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
- Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
- Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer's devices, etc.).
- Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
AmazonUI (AUI) is looking for an Front-end Engineer (FEE II) to help define a new front-end developer experience for building Amazon.com. AUI provides a library of front-end components, build tools, a templating engine, and runtime libraries used by thousands of engineers.
In our team you will have the opportunity to:
- Build fascinating new web services and products
- Work directly with our customers and shape the vision of the web stack
- Create and drive metrics to measure complexity
- Brainstorm, prototype, test, and iterate on new ideas
- Work with the latest technologies and tools
- Learn from others and help grow other team members
- See the positive impact of your work on real customers
- Brainstorm, design, and implement front end components and user experience for AUI Customers
Interested in a team with a strong culture and camaraderie? Have the passion to build the best customers experience and the drive to actually ship it? Then we would love to talk to you.