AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global payment and foreign exchange services, including foreign currency drafts, wire transfers, risk management tools with designated Account Executives. We can handle every aspect of a client’s foreign payment needs, from risk consultation to transaction execution.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Product Manager based in our Woodland Hills office.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the product, planning and execution throughout the agile product lifecycle. This role supports the strategic initiatives and contributes to the strategic development of AFEX`s capability to ensure the evolving needs of the market, industry, client or
partners requirements are fulfilled.
The Senior Product Manager works with internal and external stakeholders to identify and support the development of use cases and customer journeys relating to AFEX`s products.
This role supports the Global Director of Product to develop and manage the product roadmap and to ensure the AFEX products continue to meet the long-term growth and profitability through continued engagement and partnership with internal and external stakeholders, customers and partners.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution;
- Understand AFEX strategic and competitive position and deliver products which support the commercial objectives of the business;
- Define product requirements while working with design, engineering teams to build solutions that improve product capabilities to drive additional revenue;
- Act as a champion to both customer-facing and internal development and improvement;
- Jointly find solutions to complex product behaviors, supporting stakeholders as internal customers;
- Work with all the existing AFEX Products to understand, document and possibly re-launch projects to maximize product value;
- Deliver continuous improvement to product functionality, prioritizing those items that drive the commercial objectives and strategy of our business;
- Partner in the development process with other Product Owners & Managers. Working closely with architects and engineers on the design of multiple systems that support product features;
- Own multiple feature areas. Document and clearly communicate product decisions that have an immediate impact to the development team and partners;
- Distill complex technical issues to their essential elements and communicate those elements as necessary to non-technical audiences;
- Provide Program and Project oversight including grooming and prioritizing agile sprint stories as well as reporting status to executive management on an ongoing basis;
- Provide oversight of agile team by attending daily stand-ups and reviewing their agile work products;
- Author User Stories; build, lead, and advocate roadmaps for product direction delivering results to the business;
- Help coworkers across the business connect the dots between our business, our platform function and its component parts.
- 5+ or more years of product management experience working with consumer facing products;
- 5+ years of SDLC and agile methodology experience helpful;
- 5+ years of financial services or fintech experience;
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field is strongly preferred;
- Understanding of how service oriented back ends are built and structured;
- Practical understanding of web, mobile, and white-label products;
- Understanding of banking and consumer protection regulations;
- Working knowledge of bank products and services;
- Familiarity with information security concepts is helpful;
- Experience diving quickly into new feature areas or technical systems and understanding how they work;
- Fluent use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others;
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape;
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly and analytically, solve problems, scope business requirements and prioritize work on projects;
- Strong motivational skills and ability to self-manage in a global organization.
AFEX is committed to offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or military or veteran status. AFEX complies with all applicable laws governing discrimination and harassment in employment in every location and jurisdiction in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Woodland Hills, California, United States