**This position does not support sponsorship
Positions in available in the following locations: Hartford, CT - Blue Bell, PA - Phoenix, AZ - Downers Grove, IL.
Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those procedures. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities. Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced programmer/analysts.
- Independently designs and/or codes and may lead others in the development of cost-effective application and program solutions.
- Leads or acts as chief technical contributor to translation of business requirements to technical specifications.
- Leads or acts as a technical contributor in the design of new applications or enhancements including integration of purchased solutions.
Independently performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution and on-call support tasks for existing systems.
- Is fully familiar and compliant with the efficient utilization of the prescribed methodologies and ensures compliance for the work of all aligned resources.
- Oversees or performs unit testing.
May perform or assist with integration and system testing, according to detailed test plans to ensure high-quality systems.
May assist business partners with User Acceptance Testing.
- With limited direction, supports the implementation of systems into production, including integration of purchased solutions.
- Responsible for Code Asset Management for an application or set of applications. Supports and promotes the reuse of assets across the organization.
- May lead or act as a subject matter expert for projects and/or service requests impacting an application or set of applications.
- Ability to support and lead others to develop API services utilizing onshore and offshore teams.
Serves as team leader to direct technical activities, while also providing support for small and large highly complex projects that require increased skill across multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that integrate across the organization.
Receives some supervision and direction as regards prioritization of work but is competent to work independently and to offer direction and oversight to assigned team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science or work equivalent work experience
6+ years’ experience in application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Understand the business and functional requirements that apply to the applications supporting a sub-domain or domain as well as their relevant interfaces.
4-6+ years’ experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Experience with the following technologies:
IBM Integration Bus (IIB) V9 / V10
Additional Job Information:
IBM WebSphere Message Queue
IBM DB2 Database
Java / J2EE
IBM Rational Team Concert
IBM Operation Decision Manager (nice to have)
Mark Logic (Preferred)
IBM API connect (Preferred)
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
May act as Team Leader. May be involved in providing assistance and training to lower level Programmer/Analysts.
Receives general supervision, and is competent to work at the highest level of all technical phases of systems analysis and application program development while working on own most of the time.
Ability to work effectively with business areas, IT infrastructure teams, and IT management and staff.
Broad knowledge of the client area's functions and systems, and systems and application program development technologies alternatives.
Excellent communication skills.
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
10 - 25%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.