This position will help support the "Corporate" functional areas manage their resources and expenses; working primarily with teams within Finance, Enterprise, and other "non-business" areas.
- Assist in the month-end close process which includes preparing journal entries to be posted to the General Ledger (accruals, pre-paids, and expense transfers), analyzing monthly variances to Plan/Forecast, and reporting monthly results to management and business stakeholders
- Develop relationships with key business stakeholders
- Development annual Plan and quarterly Forecasts for General & Administrative (G&A) expenses
- Ensure accuracy of Balance Sheet account balances by completing the monthly Account Reconciliation process
- Manage & maintain an appropriate cost center structure to help organize and track G&A expenses for assigned areas
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and requests from key business stakeholders across the Finance organization
- Able to independently identify problems, communicate to leadership, and execute corrective actions
2-4 years finance related experience, healthcare a plus Bachelor’s Degree; Finance or Accounting degree required
Additional Job Information:
Can work independently with business areas to compile information. Understands relationships of various financial systems (e.g., payroll, OFA, etc.). PC skills in Excel. Comprehensive business knowledge. Problem solver with a "can do" attitude. Willing to learn and apply lessons learned in day to day tasks.
Finance - Delivering Profit and Performance, Finance - Managing Aetnas Assets, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen
Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Driving Change
Finance - Expense management, Finance - Financial analysis - closing, planning, forecasting processes, Finance - Financial reporting and analysis
Aetna Application - Hyperion Planning, Aetna Application - Hyperion Reports, Database - Hyperion Essbase, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
0 - 10%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.