Rapid Development Intern
Boeing Vancouver Labs is the Rapid Development and Data Science arm of Boeing Vancouver located in beautiful, vibrant Yaletown. The Labs environment is fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic and vibrant, leveraging Agile methodologies and cutting-edge tools. With passion, dedication, and teamwork, we build data analytics-driven software solutions to maximize efficiencies of today’s aviation business and create the digital aviation technology of tomorrow.
Boeing Vancouver Labs is looking for a motivated and hands-on Intern to expand our Rapid Development team.
- Have great interest in the business side of Software Development and want to get insights into Software Development projects
- Are able to work well both independently, with little guidance, as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Are not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status-quo for improvements
- Have strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Are a team player with positive attitude to work and colleagues, and are able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Create and maintain project financial spreadsheets by applying basic accounting, finance and business education to support project resource planning and budget control
- Monitor project budgets and opportunity logs, work closely with project managers and communicate across departments to gather background information needed
- Provide financial support to project managers including entering, editing, retrieving data, tracking purchase orders and reconciling invoices against contracts, and producing a variety of delivery focused management reports
- Create presentations and financial reporting for project stake holders
- Support employee engagement activities and event coordination as well as help facilitate meetings and workshops
- Provide overall administrative support to the Rapid Development team in ad-hoc requests
- Maintain project plans, schedules, action logs, and risk, issue, and opportunity logs
- Team status reporting both internally at Boeing Vancouver and to our clients for their reporting needs
- Support the facilitation of meetings and workshops at both project and portfolio levels.
- Any additional administrative duties as assigned by the advanced analytics management team
Experience and Qualifications
- Working towards a degree in business administration, finance or equivalent; focus on project management disciplines considered an asset
- Experience gathering and compiling data for various financial or project reports and presentations of varying complexity
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure while paying attention to detail as well as operate across multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to learn and execute new, challenging tasks
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure
- Ability to learn and execute new tasks
- Attention to detail
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Helpful and positive approach to work and colleagues
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently.
- Compliance with all Boeing Canada Operations Ltd. policies, procedures and training requirements.