Help us put WiFi to work.
Aerial provides a unique cloud-based solution that leverages existing wireless infrastructure and machine learning to give context, meaning and value to motion. Aerial's passive and contextual solutions do not require users to interact with them, they recognize users and background. We aim at becoming the wireless standard for smart motion detection through continuous innovation, passion, simplicity and inventiveness for the smart home, home care, security, healthcare and targeted media applications. Aerial's headquarters is based in Canada; we also operate from two regional offices in the USA and in Europe.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Quality Assurance developer to join our fast-growing Engineering team. Working closely with our Engineering and R&D teams, it will be your responsibility to document, implement and execute test cases against a range of different technologies from mobile applications, to cloud-hosted AI (Artificial Intelligence) services.
To succeed in this role, you will have a software development background and consider Quality Assurance as a challenging and rewarding career path.
What you'll do:
What you bring to the table:
- Document test plans
- Design, implement and execute test cases - manual and automated
- Collaborate with R&D, Engineering and Product Management teams to deliver quality and timely solutions
- Act as a core member of our Agile team
- Contribute to the ongoing plans to refine and improve the internal software development processes, test methodologies, and internal testing tools
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Developer level Linux platform experience
- Work experience in software quality assurance and software testing
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in software test automation & development
- Knowledge and experience with Python, C/C++, Java and/or Groovy
- Experience with continuous integration tools and test automation frameworks such as Git Lab CI, Robot, Bitbucket, Jenkins, SauceLabs, Postman, SoapUI, Selenium + Appium, etc. Experience with API test automation
In an ideal world you would also bring the following skills and experiences to our team:
- Understanding of IP and wireless networks with experience testing and troubleshooting these
- Familiarity with cloud and Web platforms
- Familiarity with agile development and tools such as JIRA
- Experience testing embedded software
- Experience with distributed testing
- Basic understanding of AI & machine learning
What's in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to join at an early phase and be an important member of our growing team. You will work in a fast pace and stimulating environment and will participate in our employee stock option plan. Not to mention you will have the opportunity to help us develop a new and exciting technology that has the ability to change people's lives all over the world!
What can I expect when I submit my application?
We will review your application and either schedule a conversation with you or let you know that we're passing on your candidacy within 5 business days.
What does the interview process involve?
The first step is a conversation where the focus will be on the human side of things. If you exhibit a high potential to be successful in our environment, a short video interview will allow you to demonstrate your suitability for the role. After we review your response, you may be asked to talk shop with some of our engineers and leaders. Assuming you're one of our finalists, we'll be sure to give you a tour of the office and introduce you to some of your future teammates. Throughout the process, we want to make sure that we're the right fit for each other - both technically and culturally - so please interview us at every step.
What if I have more questions before I apply?
No worries at all! If you have additional questions prior to submitting your application, please feel free to reach out to Patrice Belmonte via LinkedIn. She accepts all connection requests on LinkedIn and does her best to reply to all messages within 24 hours.
Aerial is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation in any aspect of our selection process, please contact Patrice Belmonte at firstname.lastname@example.org.