Help us put WiFi to work.
Aerial provides a unique cloud-based solution that leverages existing WiFi infrastructure and AI to give meaning to motion. We aim to become the wireless standard for smart motion detection through continuous innovation, passion, and inventiveness for the smart home, home care, security, healthcare and hospitality applications. Based in Montreal, we also operate from two regional offices in the USA and Europe.
Here's a video featuring our Chief Technical Officer and Director of AI where they describe some of the capabilities of our platform:
What does the job entail?
We are looking to add an awesome Data Engineer to our Engineering Team here in Montreal. With your experience in Machine Learning processing systems, you will play a pivotal role in sharing ideas, challenges and risks amongst the R&D, engineering and product management teams for topics related to deploying our machine learning system
What you'll do:
- Bridge the Aerial machine learning system from research to production in a cloud infrastructure
- Assist the R&D team with software engineering
- Provide direction on machine learning implementation
- Work closely with the R&D, engineering and product management teams
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration and deployment environment
- End-to-end hands-on ownership of machine learning systems
- Actively provide constructive feedback to teammates through code review
What does the successful candidate "look like"?
Here are the typical points that we're looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience building and maintaining data pipelines
- Professional experience of machine learning frameworks and libraries (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of machine learning algorithms, their use cases and their specific strengths and weaknesses
- Advanced skills in Python, including testing and benchmarking
- In-depth knowledge of usual software design patterns
- Professional experience with and solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience using source version control systems (Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills. You will be the pivot member for driving consensus, and sharing key ideas, challenges and risks between the different teams
- Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
In an ideal world you would also bring the following skills and experiences to our team:
- Experience with MATLAB/Octave, Weka
- Familiar with Digital Signal Processing and real-time processing workflows
- Experience with distributed data processing (Spark, MapReduce)
- Experience in other programming languages (Java, Scala, R, etc.)
- Experience with notebooks (Jupyter, Databricks, Collab, RMarkdown, etc.)
- Professional experience of Agile development
What's in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to join at an early phase and be an important member of our growing team. You will work in a fast-paced and stimulating environment and will participate in our employee stock option plan. Not to mention you will have the opportunity to help us develop a new and exciting technology that has the ability to change people's lives all over the world!
What can I expect when I submit my application?
Our recruitment partner will review your application and either schedule a conversation with you or let you know that we're passing on your candidacy within 5 business days.
What does the interview process involve?
The first step of our selection process is a conversation with our recruitment partner where they will focus on the human side of things and answer any questions you may have. Assuming you exhibit a high potential to be successful in our environment during your initial conversation, we'll invite you to have a technical conversation with some of our engineers and leadership. Assuming you're one of our finalists, we'll be sure to give you a tour of the office and introduce you to some of your future teammates. Throughout the process, we want to make sure that we're the right fit for each other - both technically and culturally - so please feel welcome to interview us and ask us questions at every step.
What is our targeted start date for this role?
We're motivated to hire for this role now, we'd like to have our new teammate on board as soon as possible.
What if I have more questions before I apply?
No worries at all! If you have additional questions prior to submitting your application, please feel free to reach out to Patrice Belmonte via LinkedIn.
Aerial is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation in any aspect of our selection process, please contact Patrice Belmonte at firstname.lastname@example.org ( email@example.com ).