AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Usher/Ticket Taker is responsible for providing excellent guest service at Barclays Center events. Primary responsibilities will include greeting and directing guests, ticket taking, ushering, and responding to guests’ questions, comments, and complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests as they enter Barclays Center with a smile.
- Responsible for scanning tickets and ensuring all guests have a proper ticket/credential.
- Provide guests with friendly and accurate directions.
- Check tickets for guests attempting to access their section and assist them in locating their seat.
- Responsible for maintaining a fun, friendly, and safe environment in assigned sections.
- Respond to guest complaints, questions, information requests and comments.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another, without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- Use excellent customer service skills and positive attitude when interacting with guests, vendors, & employees.
- Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines & deadlines set by Guest Services Managers and Supervisors.
- Effectively and calmly interact with angry or emotional guests and employees.
- Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Follow all operating policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- One (1) year prior customer service experience, preferably in a sports/entertainment venue environment.
- Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with good communication skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Barclay's Center for scheduled shifts. Parking will not be provided.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to take direction well and work well with others.
- Must maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance that conveys professionalism at all times.
- No visible tattoos, facial piercings, unnatural hair colors (i.e. blue, pink, etc.)
- Must be available to work at least 80% of events per month; including all events on Fridays, Saturdays,, Sundays and Holidays. (Approximately 24 at maximum)
Tasks are performed with moderate supervision.
- Walking & standing occurs 90% of the time (4-6 hours per shift).
- Employees may be assigned to work positions located outside.
- Employees will be assigned to work elevator shifts.
- Employees may be scheduled to work until 12:00am or later.
- Employee should use precautions & follow safety guidelines.
Stress Management/Composure Customer Service Problem Solving/Analysis
Communication Proficiency Time Management Customer Client Focus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.