- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
Licensed professional engineer (P.Eng.) registered with PEO
Leadership skills in the areas of team building, collaboration and effective communications with colleagues, clients and contractors.
Ability to manage and supervise graduate engineers and CAD technicians.
Effective time-management, written communications skills, analytical and interpersonal skills as well as good decision making, planning and organizational skills.
Proven ability to meet required delivery dates for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Requires a minimum of 2 years experience in the design of building structures, with an emphasis on subway stations and transit facilities.
Must be able to analyze and design structural elements using SAP2000 and similar structural analysis/design software.
Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word and Excel.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.