AECOM is participating in every major P3 project in Canada (e.g. Gordie Howe International Bridge, Regional Express Rail, major LRT projects, etc.) either as the Owner Engineer or as the Contractor's Engineer. AECOM Canada is acting as a Centre of Excellence for the delivery of P3 projects in North America. The Alternative Delivery group is seeking an experienced Design Quality Assurance Specialist with past experience in the implementation of project quality management programs to join the Gordie Howe International Bridge design team.
The primary location for this role is the Gordie Howe International Bridge project office in Windsor, Ontario.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Design Quality Manager is responsible for applying the DQMP requirements across the Design Team
- Design Quality Manager will collaborate in reviewing the DQMP periodically to ensure continuing adequacy as the project progresses. He or She will report to the Design Manager and work closely with the Component Leads to ensure that all design quality procedures are put in place and that the design quality control process is being followed.
- Support the Design Manager and Construction Quality Manager in preparing and following up on NCRs, corrective action reports (CARs), and internal audits
- Design Quality Manager will monitor the application of design processes and verify that QC activities are followed for all deliverables.
- He or She will attend design meetings arranged by the Construction Manager (Bridge, POEs, or Michigan Interchange) to ensure conformity of the deliverables. Design Quality Manager will investigate all quality concerns and issues, and make recommendations to the Design Manager on corrective actions for recurring concerns, and potential risks which may arise if not addressed
- Maintain quality records
- University degree in Civil and/or Structural engineering
- 10 years of experience on QA/QC in civil infrastructure and transportation projects ( >200 million CAD) with the most recent 5 years in Canada and/or USA - for security clearance purposes
- Familiar with the ISO 9001:2015 Standards. Internal quality auditor training certificate and auditing experience
- Prior experience of managing a group of QA/QC personnel at project site
- Experience in both Design and Construction quality with development of design quality management plan.
- Extensive usage experience of Microsoft office Word, Excel, Power Point and various data and document management database
- Extensive training expertise to provide training to a large group pf project personnel based at Americas and Europe
- QA/QC experience in major transportation and/or alternate delivery P3 projects in Canada
- P. Eng. , PE in the respective jurisdiction of Ontario and Michigan.
- Root cause, lessons learn and data analysis technique
- Prior experience in ProjectWise, BIM 360 and e-Builder
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.