A San Francisco based architecture firm is seeking a Field Engineer with 3+ years of experience working in the Engineering/Architecture/Construction Management field.
- This position will require the field engineer to provide full-time support to the RE in the Contract Administration process. They will be required to have a comprehensive understanding of the terms and conditions of the contract.
- They will provide support in the contract change process, including monitoring and tracking of field issues, changes and disputes. This person will coordinate with the RE, Project Manager, Project Engineer and contractor on Change Order Requests and Proposed Change Orders.
- They will prepare and review documentation of issues, requests for approval, Record of Negotiations, as-builts, progress payments and other construction documents.
- Facilitates and documents project and coordination meetings to resolve project issues with contractors and stakeholders. As needed, the field engineer will also serve as the Construction Inspector on the project, to provide QA oversight and documentation. Perform all other related duties, as required.
This position requires candidates with:
- 3+ years' experience, and a degree in engineering is required, P.E./E.I.T. Preferred
- Experience facilitating the construction administration process
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs, including project pro, or similar
- Strong Organizational skills to ensure that all files, data, documents, plans and reports are properly prepared
- Excellent communication skills, (verbal and written,) and quick responsiveness are a must
- Must be able to meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
- Employees must have ability to work a minimum of 8 hour work shifts, Monday - Friday. Work may require early morning and/or late night shifts, and weekends; some dirty and disagreeable work environment and physical effort, such as working in inclement weather conditions, walking on uneven surfaces, and standing for long periods of time.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include 4 weeks of PTO per year, Health, Dental and Vision and 401K, with up to 4% matching. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year