THE DIVISON’S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A+E Networks brand.
A+E Networks seeks a Coordinator/Junior Publicist (depending on experience) for the New York-based International and Corp Comm Publicity Department. Position provides administrative and PR support to the A+E International and Corporate Communications departments. Candidate must be a strong writer who can multitask, work well with others across different departments, assist with publicity efforts for A+E Networks Intl & Corporate divisions; and be able to work with talent globally as well as represent the company’s viewpoint. There will also be an awards component for this role, whereby this person will assist in the awards submissions efforts, such as for the Emmys.
One of the most important and yet challenging parts of this position is being able to multi-task and to work with partners around the world and around A+E Networks, as well as senior management, to drive communications objectives. Candidate must also be able to interface with talent and their representatives. The job also requires quick responsiveness to both internal groups and external groups operating in different time zones and during international business travel. Must have excellent follow-through skills and be able to interact with all levels of management, and different personalities in order to resolve any issues that arise with professionalism and a positive demeanor.
- Creates/Maintain various team documents and publicity reports.
- Develop/Maintain contact database and international media lists.
- Establish and build relationships with international press, channel partners and distribution clients
- Field asset requests from press outlets, channel partners and content distribution clients.
- Track/Compile press breaks and PR recaps to team.
- Distributes PR clips, recaps and handles submissions for domestic/international 411.
- Provide logistical support for all press conferences, screenings, client events, set visits
- Arrange travel, interview requests and schedules for talent on behalf of A+E
- Handle talent during international publicity tours, appearances, press junkets and other events.
- Cover international phone interviews with talent.
- Work screenings, press junkets, set visits, and special events as needed.
- Handle talent/executive gift mailings.
- Handle annual media subscription renewals.
- Sets up executive headshot shoots.
- Learn how to oversee budgets
- Get involved in some degree on A+E’s awards submissions process
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
As part of the A+E Networks' International team, you will learn all about what it means to be part of a key growth area for a global media portfolio that operates 80 channels in over 200 territories in 42 languages. Our global brands - among the strongest in the media business - include A&E; HISTORY; Lifetime; H2; FYI; Crime + Investigation; Blaze; Bio among others.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS]
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE IS:
- A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously
- A solid writer
- A proactive person who will learn to anticipate issues and solve them with aplomb
- Positive can do nature and good sense of humor
- Meticulous about details
- Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
- Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion
- Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure
- Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat
- Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter