Located in Hollywood, California, AdvertiseMint is a rapidly growing digital advertising agency that specializes in Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat advertising. Some of our clients include True Religion, NewEgg, American Bullion, Blink Bar, Quincy Jones Productions, and MaxiGlide.
Our CEO is updating his book, "The Complete Guide to Facebook Advertising," available on Amazon in print and Kindle. We are looking for a skilled book designer who will design the interior of the book. This means formatting the copy, pages, images, etc. The book, which is essentially a manual, is heavy in images and how-to, step-by-step language.
As the book designer, you are a perfectionist, letting not one error slide. You are a good communicator, responding quickly to emails and edit requests. You also manage your time well, meeting all deadlines.
This is a part-time, contract freelance position. You must be able to visit the office when needed.
- Degree in design, art, or related field
- Must have prior experience designing a manual or textbook
- Must know how to format for Kindle ebooks and Amazon print
- Must have knowledge of Kindle Direct Publishing and Create Space publishing requirements
- 3+ experience in book design/formatting
- Conscientious worker
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communicator
- Receives feedback well
- Time management
- Format the book for Kindle and Amazon print
- Ensure the files are compatible for publication on Kindle and Amazon
- Follow Kindle Direct Publishing's formatting guidelines
- Ensure all spacing issues are fixed
- Provide advice on design for copy and images
- Fix any formatting issues that arise
All candidates must submit a cover letter and 2-3 relevant design samples.