3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for its Manufacturing Plant team located in London. The successful candidate will make an impact by ensuring departmental and plant goals around Safety, Quality, Service and Productivity are met and will be responsible for daily engineering support to production throughout the plant.
- Identify and implement process and equipment upgrades / repairs as necessary to meet plant goals and targets
- Lead small to medium scale capital projects as they relate to Safety, Quality, Service, Productivity or New Product Implementation/Production.
- Work closely with Production Supervision, Quality, and Maintenance Teams in their daily activity
- Occasionally supervise and provide leadership to a team of production employees in a dynamic environment
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Electrical Technologist
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills, superior computer and data management abilities, and the ability to understand, troubleshoot and program electrical control systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s
- University Engineering Degree – Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics preferred
- Currently registered as a P.Eng. or capable of obtaining Professional Engineer designation an asset
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience with proven success in a supervision role preferred
- Six Sigma DMAIC knowledge/experience. Lean Mfg experience an asset
- Successful project management experience
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act, Standards and guidelines an asset
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 10% of the time, which may involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Charity and Community involvement
- Free parking
- Access to discounted tickets for sports events, concerts, and attractions
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.