3Gmetalworx is a specialized manufacturer of PCB-level RF/EMI shielding metalwork for electronic devices of all kinds. We are a service-oriented enterprise focused on serving a global clientele with application-specific solutions for their needs. Based in Vaughan, we ship millions of shielding components per year. Each one is fabricated to a unique specification designed for optimal application performance, covering the full spectrum from prototypes to mature products.
CNC Machinist / Programmer
Full time day position available for candidates that would like to work in a modern, clean manufacturing plant.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment working with CNC machining is required. Preference for candidates working in aerospace or electronics industry.
- Read and understand blueprints, work orders, and process documentation to produce required parts for assembly and finished products.
- Develop applications / programs using CAD/CAM (computer-aided drafting, computer-aided) for control of CNC (computer numerical control) machines.
- Determine suitable and cost-effective machining processes based on part specifications.
- Write and optimize CNC programs to create complex parts on HAAS machining centers.
- Develop and prove-out required tools, fixtures and select cutting tools.
- Create and compile necessary documents to aid in setting up machines.
- Ability to work on various complexities of components.
- Review existing machining processes for improvement opportunities.
- Work with engineering, production, quality, purchasing and scheduling departments to ensure a quality products flow through the facility.
- Setup, operate and maintain HASS CNC machining centres to perform precision, repetitive and non-repetitive machining operations.
- Communicate with co-workers and Team-Leaders to ensure production schedules are met.
- Follow health and safety standards and company policy at all times.
- Minimum 5 plus years experience writing CNC programs in a machining environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency with CAD (solid modeling) and CAM software.
- Minimum 3 years experience using MasterCam.
- Experience in using SolidWorks.
- Proficient with GD&T.
- Ability to read/ interpret blueprints.
- Strong technical knowledge of precision machining and manufacturing methods.
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Analytical thinking.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects.
- Technical college, diploma or certificate with focus on CNC Programming and CNC operation.
- Experience in working to tight tolerances (+/- 0.0005)
- Fast-Paced environment, clean, modern, climate controlled factory.
- Handling weights of up to 30-40lbs.
- Physically demanding.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Standing, walking, sitting, reaching for extended periods.
- Working independently and/or with others.
- Day Shift: 7AM - 3:30PM
At 3Gmetalworx we take great pride in the talents of our employees. A career with 3Gmetalworx means developing solutions that enable technologies used to provide communications for clients worldwide. Explore the advantages that come with working for a global RF/EMI shielding powerhouse.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $28.00 /hour
- CNC milling and programming: 3 years (Required)
- cnc machinist: 5 years (Required)
- Solidworks: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mastercam: 3 years (Required)