The Senior Engineer will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of motion control software and hardware for novel multi axes 3D printing robots. The 3D printers being developed will be suitable for research & development and also clinical grade manufacturing of 3D Bio's regenerative medicine therapeutic products.
- Apply knowledge of 3D printing and software engineering to help define product roadmap.
- Develop path planning algorithm for multi material 3D printing.
- Develop robust software solutions from a set of high level requirements.
- Collaborate with engineering team to help solve complex problems
- Develop prototype software and tools to support testing of new features or technologies
- Implement control software and hardware for multi axes printing machine.
- Test and validate new software releases.
- Perform technical research and feasibility analysis of new software features
- BS or MS degree in computer science or a related field plus 5 years of experience.
- Advanced knowledge of python and/or C++
- Experience with CAD/CAM software and 3D Modeling Libraries
- Experience with motion controllers and related hardware.
- Understanding of polygonal mesh modeling and file formats.
- Knowledge of 3D printing Technology.
- Knowledge of OpenGL and 3D Visualization.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong math background in linear algebra and computational geometry
- SolidWorks and machining experience is a plus.