Decades of Success
3D-P is a privately held company that was founded in 1996 by a team of mining and network industry experts with the goal of enabling world-class technologies for the mining sector. Recently, 3D-P has evolved to include growth in other outdoor industrial verticals including oil & gas, ports, agriculture and municipal. The 3D-P team includes electrical, software, IT, mining and wireless engineers, with decades of experience developing products and services for outdoor industrial network environments. Their solutions improve productivity and safety by simplifying the integration and wireless networking of mobile and stationary industrial equipment.
The Proven Market Leader
Reliable and trusted, 3D-P products and networks are deployed in some of the largest mines in the world and their customer base includes some of the largest mining operators. No company has been deploying broadband IP-based wireless networks in the mining segment longer than 3D-P and only 3D-P develops open computing and wireless networking platforms designed specifically to survive the rigors of the surface mine.
A Global Reach
3D-P is a global company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with staff located throughout Canada, US, Australia and Peru and a field office / testing facility in Arizona.
After achieving substantial growth in 2018 and 2019, 3D-P is looking to fill the role of Vice-President, Sales ("VP, Sales") in order to deliver 2019 sales and build strategic pipeline for 2020 and beyond. Based out of Calgary, the VP, Sales position is a key executive position reporting directly to the CEO. 3D-P is looking for an energetic and strategic thinker who can contribute significantly to the senior leadership team.
- Lead, mentor and measure a global team of technical sales professionals.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts for his/her team in order to build both short and long-term sales pipeline.
- Provide detailed market segmentation and strategic client plans to deliver on agreed sales targets.
- Evaluate performance to objectives and work with his/her team to ensure proper and effective countermeasures are in place to meet 3D-P's sales targets.
- Report accurate sales forecasts to CEO and executive team and assist in vertical expansion efforts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships at multiple levels with key customers and business partners relevant to the 3D-P business.
- Develop and manage CRM, KPIs, sales funnels, sales forecasting tools and other reports as necessary to effectively manage performance to monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Work with Product Manager and Marketing Director and ensure marketing efforts are synchronized with sales strategy.
- Assess geographical markets to deploy market specific growth priorities in all Canadian, US, Australian, and Latin American markets.
- Identify and grow sales talent.
- Define roles & responsibilities, set performance & development goals, motivate & coach his/her team, implement training strategies and sales plans that motivate team execution.
- Give feedback to all team members on a regular basis and develop talent within the team to ensure effective succession planning and career development.
- Work with services and manufacturing team to ensure appropriate prioritization of efforts.
- Travel as necessary for customer visits, trade shows, conferences.
What We Need
- 5+ years proven leadership and management of a multi-location sales team with preference given to candidate with demonstrably strong sales process skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred. Business degree with exposure to highly technical sales also considered.
- Understanding of radio and Wi-Fi communication networks an asset but not required.
- Experience with channel sales model with distributors and VAR's (value added resellers) an asset but not required.
- Expertise in relationship management, forecasting metrics, technical sales, CRM usage.
- Experience developing and managing distributed sales forces / teams / structures.
- Experience with value-selling highly technical solutions and products in industrial B2B environment such as mining, oil & gas, manufacturing.
What We're Looking For
- Proven strategic planning and business leadership capabilities.
- Proven ability to identify, position, develop, lead and retain talented people who are focused on customer expansion, customer retention and flawless execution of sales strategy and tactics.
Travel may be required. Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada and possess a valid passport.
3D-P recognizes the importance of this role and an extremely compelling compensation package awaits the qualified candidate including base salary, sales incentive plan and complete benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- leadership: 5 years (Required)