Headquartered in Calgary, 3D-P is a technology integrator in the mining environment and a global leader in wireless solutions for industrial applications. We bring a unique perspective and innovative thinking to challenging industrial environments around the world and work closely with our clients to understand their unique needs and provide a fit for purpose solution. Our organization is close-knit with a strong culture. Our engineering team is exposed to a diverse set of interesting problems and the solutions include a mix of 3D-P products and custom engineering.
Based in Calgary, we are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to add to our team.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of key products and initiatives.
- Communicate with team members to ensure effective delivery of solutions.
- Collaborate with internal teams across the organization to resolve product/service related issues and to develop a contextual understanding of the environment.
- Produce and maintain documentation for software products.
- Identify and share contributions with key open source projects.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong familiarization with networking concepts.
- Proven design or application development based on service-oriented architectures.
- Experience relating to designing fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Solid communication skills with team members to ensure effective maintenance of products.
- A natural operating system concept problem solver, you've been curious enough to investigate how these features were implemented.
- Proficiency at extracting specifications & use cases from customers.
- Ability to differentiate between data and information.
- Produce technical and/or user facing documentation for software products/solutions.
- Independently work towards scoping and implementing tasks and/or projects.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years experience developing in a Unix environment.
- Python, C/C++, ES2016 all considered assets.
- Degree in Computer science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A strong technical background. Proven ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Maintains strong English language verbal and written communication skills and outstanding inter-personal skills.
This role is based out of the Calgary office and minimal travel may be required. Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada and possess a valid passport.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Software Development: 7 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)