Headquartered in Calgary, 3D-P is a technology integrator in the mining environment and a global leader in wireless solutions for industrial applications. We bring an unique perspective and innovative thinking to challenging industrial environments around the world and work closely with our clients to understand their unique needs and provide a fit for purpose solution. Our organization is close-knit with a strong culture. Our engineering team is exposed to a diverse set of interesting problems and the solutions include a mix of 3D-P products and custom engineering.
We are currently seeking a full time Firmware Developer and OS Maintainer position based in Calgary.
- Development of new firmware and operating system features
- Develop design artifacts, technical & procedural documentation as needed
- Work closely with the Product Development team to roll new software releases into operating system
- Assist in the maintenance of package repositories
- Experience building, patching, debugging and customizing recent Linux Kernels.
- Able to produce technical and/or user facing documentation for software products/solutions.
- Ability to program in Python & C
- Strong understanding of IP networking
- Strong understanding of wireless networking ( 802.11 )
- Degree in Computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- A strong technical background. Proven ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Solid communicator of the English language with great inter-personal skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Firmware: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)