EXPLORE CANADA AND WORK WITH ONE OF CANADA'S BEST AND FASTEST GROWING EVENTS COMPANIES!
365 Sports Inc. specializes in event management, experiential marketing, concept and development, and brand execution. We provide creative, fun and innovative athletic events to engage all participants, seasoned athletes and novices alike. We are dedicated to inspiring a healthier, happier society through the combination of fitness and philanthropy.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
This role requires a self-starter, who has the capability of taking initiative to achieve assigned goals and tasks. In addition to this, he/she is a team player, and proficient in coordinating the many aspects of event management - from an administrative point of view to event execution. This includes some full days of set-up and tear-down.
This role is comprised of extensive travel across Canada during theMud Hero event season. You travel to the event from Thursday-Monday and assist in the set-up and execution of the event. Duties consist of overseeing different components of all Mud Hero events, especially the Merchandise Trailer. They will also assist in other areas such as; Registration, Gear Check, Start/Finish Line, and Beer Garden as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Over the course of a weekly schedule you would be involved in the following activities:
- Assist in the set-up of the festival area which includes; setting up tents, flags, Placing signage and banners and spiking t-bar and setting up fencing
- Responsible for assisting with the overseeing of the festival area which includes; Registration, Beer Garden, Gear Check, Merchandise set-up and acting as a key point person in the festival area. Main focus being: Operating and maintaining the Merchandise aspect of the festival area.
- Assist in the setting up and tearing down of the festival area with special focus on Merchandise Trailer, Registration, Gear Check, & Beer Garden
- Maintaining an up to date inventory for registration and merchandise tracker to be sent weekly post-event to Event Coordinator and Director of Brand & Procurement
- Responsible for various types of equipment and its maintenance; including registration ipads and tour radios
- Responsible of managing day staff and volunteers on event day which includes; signing in, monitoring and training
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively as an integral team member across all departments within 365 Sports, especially the Events Manager
- Managing and transporting office equipment (printer etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Previous work experience in a similar industry would be ideal; including experience overseeing large-scale events and/or managing large # of staff in a variety of roles.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior relationship building abilities
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excels in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism and work ethic
- Integral team player who is flexible and open to new tasks/responsibilities as required
- Experience in customer service-oriented businesses and events resourcing and organizing.
- Experience in handling multiple tasks and overseeing the handling the multiple tasks of others effectively while remaining focused and organized.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including early mornings, late nights, weekend and during some breaks with a wide variety of hours spread out during the week.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor setting during events. This includes heat, cold, wet environments and various terrain.
- Long periods of standing and walking during the event are required
- Lifting of medium weight (up to 50lbs)
- Must be comfortable driving pickup trucks/UTVs and similar other heavy-duty vehicles.
- Travel to all 6 Canadian Mud Hero events. The ideal incumbent for this role would have a lot of flexibility in their personal schedule in order to fulfill the travel requirements connected to this role
Contract Dates Required:
- Sunday, May 26 - Tuesday, June 4, 2019 - Ottawa, ON
- Thursday, June 13 - Monday, June 17, 2019 - Montreal, QC
- Thursday, July 4 - Monday, July 9, 2019 - Truro, NS
- Thursday, July 24 - Monday, July 29, 2019 - Winnipeg, MB
- Thursday, August 8 - Monday, August 12, 2019 - Red Deer, AB
- Thursday, August 22 - Monday, August 26, 2019 - Toronto North, ON
Rate: $225 per/day & $50 daily per diem. All flights, accommodations and travel fees are covered by 365 Sports.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $225.00 /day
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)