360degkids has been a leader in the delivery of innovative support services for over 30 years as we work to improve the lives of homeless and at-risk youth and families in York Region. We are a vitally important community agency serving all of York Region. At 360degkids, we provide a unique continuum of care approach with a range of programs and services that are essential to the health and well-being of youth and that are proven strategies for helping to keep youth off the streets by providing safe housing options.
Reporting to the Director of Resource Development, the Development Associate will be responsible for all fundraising activities to generate revenue for organizational programs based on the annual budget through the process of acquiring gifts through various stages of development including research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Director of Resource Development in developing overall direction of 360degkids fundraising initiatives.
- Researches and cultivates new sources of funding for 360degkids through community groups and individuals to meet fundraising targets.
- Sources, develops and cultivates community partnerships to obtain new donors, including actively participating on special event committees and presentations to donor groups.
- Provides stewardship to annual donors as required ensuring proper receipting and acknowledgement procedures are adhered to in timely manner.
- Provides support in terms of research and execution of fund development strategies in order to maximize revenue, including individuals, clubs, associations, third party events.
- Planning and execution of 360degkids portfolio of events and third party events including acting as liaison representative at all events; securing sponsors where needed; securing gift-in-kind contributions; representing 360degkids where needed and supporting volunteers at events.
- Outreach to community agencies and groups throughout York Region to increase awareness of services provided and to provide opportunity to make formal presentations.
- Assists the Resources Development team in outreach and increase awareness using social media networks.
- Other duties as required.
Main office location is in Markham, ON; the role requires frequent travel within York Region for meetings, presentations, and events, including third party events. This role will require the use of a personal vehicle and maintain $2 Million liability insurance.
Physical requirements: Set up and take down of presentations and events will include moving and lifting of required equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Post-secondary education in Fundraising or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Three years of direct fundraising experience in a non-profit environment.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to develop, articulate and promote a vision for the agency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including influencing, consensus/team building, facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating annual fund programs including direct mail, event management, major gifts, donor recognition and stewardship.
- Relationship building and management skills to support relationships with volunteers, donors, employees and peers within the industry.
- Excellent communication, facilitation skills and interpersonal skills including superior presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong personal ethics, integrity, reliable, time management and organization skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to get along with others and create strong fundraising teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gift processing software and donor database systems.
- Ability to effectively perform job duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic, complex environment and organize time and workload effectively with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Valid driver's license, a vehicle in good working order and proof of $2,000,000 vehicle liability insurance.
- Current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check).
- Current First Aid and CPR certification an asset.
360degkids is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. 360degkids offers accommodation for applicants in our recruitment processes, if you are contacted regarding a job opportunity please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- fundraising: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)