The Job Developer role is to market, outreach, and promote the Base 4 Success employment program to employers and community; research and cold call to obtain job leads and community information; relationship build and assess youth to ensure successful job matching.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Market, outreach, and promote the employment program to employers and community.
- Research and cold call to obtain job leads and community information.
- Relationship building and assessment of youth to ensure successful job matching.
- Liaise with employer/youth/program facilitators to ensure placement and action plan success and adjust where necessary.
- Monitor job placements, liaise with employers, youth, and other team members regarding progress.
- Work alongside Program Facilitator to ensure jobs reflect youth needs, abilities, employment goals, and overall suitability.
- Coach and support youth and act as a support to employers.
- Assist in implementing programming and employer database. Update and maintain records/activities and case notes.
- Works with program and 360 kids staff to ensure program success while positively contributing to 360 kids as an organization.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma Child/youth related field (e.g. Child and Youth, Social Service Worker, Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology) or the equivalent combination of education and experience working with youth.
- Job Development experience an asset.
- Experience working with at-risk or street involved youth an asset.
- Knowledge of the job market and the Employment Standards Act.
- Counselling experience in terms of life skills and behaviour management.
- Exceptional relationship building skills, excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Assessment, intake, and case management skills.
- Motivated, has a strong work ethic, empathetic, and must be able to work with a team.
- Demonstrated client focused counselling skills and role modelling.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to be adaptable with a flexible approach taking into consideration the unique qualities of each client.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that promote positive team building, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Will possess a broad knowledge of community resources and the ability to strongly advocate for clients and professional referrals.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check).
- Working knowledge of York Region services.
- Car and valid driver s license with a clean driver s abstract required.
- Bilingual in French an asset.
360 kids is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. 360 kids offers accommodation for applicants in our recruitment processes, if you are contacted regarding a job opportunity please advise if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Driver's Licence with $2M liability insurance