Headquartered in Oakville, Ontario 360 Athletics has been one of the most renowned institutional and fitness equipment distributors in Canada for more than 40 years. 360 Athletics provides direct access to high quality sporting goods and institutional gear for schools and camps and also distributes professional fitness and conditioning equipment for personal training and commercial use.
Summary of Position
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for selling corporate products or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Inside Sales Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills. This individual will also develop his or her phone-based revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
- Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Collaborate with Sales Supervisor and Account Managers to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to Account Managers where appropriate.
- Maintain and expand the company's database of prospects.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Account Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, and so on. Provide optimal inbound calling experience for potential and existing customers
- Possess patience and listening skills to fully comprehend the customer's concerns and respond accordingly
- Making outbound calls to notify customers of new products, policy changes or request feedback
- Process returns and warranty claims
- Customer quotations, orders, and invoicing.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions.
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers via telephone and e-mail cross-sell and up-sell.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Coordinate customer training as necessary.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Other job duties as assigned
- 3 years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales in business to business capacity preferred
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Experience with customer relationship management software.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel and other office products.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales or telesales in a business to business environment: 2 years (Required)