Our client in the Guelph area is currently looking to hire an IFRS Analyst - Technical Accounting and Research Specialist to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis.
The Technical Accounting and Research Specialist will provide support to this organizations finance and accounting groups in the interpretation and application of IFRS including leading projects on complex technical accounting issues. The individual may be called upon for other complex technical accounting issues like business combinations, financial instruments, etc. In addition, this individual will assist the Controller, Corporate in ensuring accuracy and completeness of information required for their quarterly and annual financial statements and MD&A, as well as compliance with internal control over financial reporting.
- Lead other projects such as the new IFRS leasing standard and other changing accounting standards across functional areas and business units.
- Monitor IFRS and evaluate the impact on the business.
- Draft position papers around technical accounting topics
- Perform research of technical accounting issues related to the Company, including working with external advisors on significantly complex Company transactions.
- Evaluate financial reporting impact of changes to the Company's operations.
- Provide technical support to the Company's business units in their assessment of accounting issues.
- Work with finance staff on projects related to the continuous improvement of information related to financial reporting.
- Monitor and update corporate accounting policies.
- Create and present training on IFRS changes to finance staff.
- Participate in external reporting and ensure disclosures are complete and accurate in accordance with Company accounting policies and IFRS.
- Liaise with external auditors and provide support in the preparation, planning and coordination of interim and year-end audits.
- A university degree or college diploma in Accounting, Business or a related discipline is required.
- Must have a CPA designation.
- Minimum of four years of post-designation years of related experience
- Thorough working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in project management including the ability to work with other accounting and non-accounting groups in a global organization.
- Experience in researching and developing technical accounting procedures and positions in response to complex accounting issues, with the ability to draft position papers, suggest policy actions and otherwise provide formal written guidance to management and other finance professionals regarding those issues.
- Experience preparing financial statements and related notes in a public company environment.
- Ability to work in a fully computerized environment including advanced Excel skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- IFRS analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPA designation (Preferred)