Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization. The NBA 2K Marketing Team is comprised of experienced and talented marketing professionals and an exceptional communications team working together and across the company to create memorable and innovative campaigns for NBA 2K’s latest offering.
What We Need:
A social media enthusiast who understands the ins and out of using all social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Steam, and first party platform community hubs. This individual should have experience with social media copy writing, asset coordination, and executing posts for multiple accounts. This person must have experience with social community management as it relates to interacting directly with verified followers, accounts, and the community at large. It’s important that this individual is able to create efficient processes and maintain organization in their execution tasks from maintaining content calendars to establishing community management processes. This person must be a creative at heart, have the ability to contribute to social media content plus general channel enhancements, and see ideas through execution. It’s a must that this individual has a thorough understanding of the holistic social media strategy and overall brand marketing strategy so they can make informed day to day decisions that contribute to the bigger picture goal of our social media and brand departments.
What You Will Do:
- Coordinate day to day content calendar executions including copy writing, asset coordination, and postings to @NBA2K, @MyTEAM, and @NBA2kPlaygrounds channels
- Manage social community interactions and conversations on @NBA2K, @MyTEAM, and @NBA2KPlaygrounds
- Develop a process for day to day social community interactions
- Compile social community feedback to recommend content ideas and how to respond
- Proactively inform other departments of potential social community issues and offer solutions
- Assist the Customer Service department in identifying, routing, and escalating social community issues to the proper personnel and departments
- Utilize social listening/sentiment tools to recommend enhancements to the social community management strategy and the overall social landscape
- Assist with other tasks as needed
- Report to the Associate Consumer Engagement Manager
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
We are looking for someone who is extremely passionate about social media and is always on. This individual must be extremely independent, proactive, and always ideating ways to enhance what we do on social media, while having the skillset to logistically execute ideas. This person must have the capacity to understand and always think about the big picture to make daily decisions that are aligned with the overall social and brand strategy. This person must be extremely thorough, detailed oriented, and organized while maintaining efficiency. NBA 2K is bigger than a video game as it extends to so many areas of lifestyle culture. With this in mind, this individual must have a comprehensive understanding of lifestyle, basketball, and video game culture to excel in this role.
- At least 2 years experience working in a social media focused role, ideally within the basketball, sports, or video game industries.
- Requires understanding on how to use all social media platforms, their tools, and awareness of the specific nuances within each platform. Must understand the concept of how to best utilize each platform based on their strengths and also providing clear value to each platform
- Excellent copy writing skills for all social platforms that’s informed by the brand’s social voice, tone, and style
- Experience with coordinating assets. Knowledge of creative dimension sizes and the different nuances of how they display on each platform
- Experience with social community management and ability to maintain the brand’s social voice, tone, and style when interacting with the community
- Ability to ideate and the skillset to execute ideas through the execution phase
- Ability to think #BigPicture. This position must make informed day to day decisions based on the social media and brand strategy at large. This individual must have the capacity to understand that their role is contributing to common social media, brand, and business team goals
- Requires thorough knowledge of the #NBA2K franchise
- Requires strong knowledge of basketball, lifestyle, and video game culture
- Extremely thorough, detail oriented, and organized
- Requires strong communication, collaboration and diplomacy skills
- Experience with social media listening and insight tools
- Proactive in nature and can operate independently, but also has the ability to effectively collaborate
- Experience with statistical analysis and KPIs is a plus
- Strong understanding of photoshop, illustrator, and premiere is a plus
- Experience with paid advertising is a plus