A leading entertainment company seeks a college graduate from a top tier school to serve as a Legal Assistant supporting several attorneys in our offices in New York, New York and Novato, California. Candidate must possess critical thinking skills and strong business acumen, and be extremely organized, great at multi-tasking, proactive and willing to engage in typical administrative duties as well as more complex project work. The selected candidate will provide day-to-day administrative, clerical and paralegal services at a dynamic entertainment company.
- Provide support to attorneys who handle matters related to the development, production, marketing, distribution and licensing of videogames.
- Assist with administering the contract and document execution process including the execution and distribution of material contracts and other important corporate documents for department attorneys.
- Assist attorneys in analyzing deals within a matrix of rights held by third parties, such as content distributors, hardware manufacturers, sports leagues, record labels, music publishers, union talent, technology licensors, software developers, movie studios, comic book publishers, advertising agencies, ancillary merchandise vendors and others.
- Assist attorneys with research via the Internet and other means and report research findings.
- Brief attorneys on various issues and projects in progress to ensure they are kept informed of new developments.
- Perform clerical activities: maintain files; photocopy, fax, mail, and messenger documents and correspondence; process and track expense report submissions; make arrangements for meetings and travel, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates will have experience managing a high volume of detail-oriented work
- They will be extremely flexible and will enjoy a “startup” mentality and environment that changes day to day
- Candidates who are personable, open to learning, collaborate well with others and have a positive attitude are ideal
- Candidates must be able to work with senior in-house attorneys
- The ideal candidate will be eager to work in a legal department and learn more over time regarding certain areas of the law, such as entertainment and technology contracts, intellectual property, or general corporate matters
- The ideal candidate will also be excited to work at a dynamic entertainment company and be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about videogames
- Strong academic background and excellent critical thinking skills
- Eager and quick to learn new complex subject matters
- Friendly demeanor and leadership ability
- Strong administrative problem-solving skills and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills and thorough follow-up
- Team-player who can multi-task and work well under pressure, with constantly changing priorities
- Perform technical and clerical tasks that require accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, clients and vendors
- Must be Internet savvy, computer proficient and able to quickly learn new software applications
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)