Who We Are:
The Communications team manages all public relations and influencer marketing for 2K titles. We are a team of talented storytellers, passionate video game players and communications professionals dedicated to raising awareness and driving purchase intent for our slate of fantastic games. We challenge ourselves to create fresh strategies, and leverage our deep relationships with influencers, consumer media and enthusiast press to tell compelling brand stories.
What We Need:
An experienced influencer marketing professional to develop and execute well-reasoned influencer marketing campaigns for the highest-rated annual sports title of this generation, NBA 2K. An individual who lives and breathes influencer relations and has experience working with gaming influencers across basketball and other sports genres, as well as lifestyle and celebrity influencers across YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, Facebook, Instagram, and other relevant platforms. Someone that follows the NBA closely, is knowledgeable of the key players in and around the space, and is plugged-in to the culture of basketball both on and off the court.
What You Will Do:
- Reporting to the Director of Communications, you will serve as a primary global strategist and project manager for influencer marketing campaigns, setting measurable objectives, creating strategies, driving tactical execution, and measuring ROI in service of go-to-market campaigns for 2K’s wide portfolio of games
- Serve as primary internal subject matter expert for influencer marketing, providing on-going guidance and direction as needed to all of 2K’s local market teams worldwide
- Build, maintain, and grow mutually beneficial long-term relationships with influencers and leverage those relationships in support of product go-to-market plans and on-going lifecycle management efforts
- Build and maintain a network of partnered influencers, driving contract negotiations and ensuring contract fulfillment
- Drive 2K’s stream team and an on-going schedule of livestream programming across 2K’s owned video channels. Determine weekly and monthly content topics, write talking points and calls-to-action, brief influencers, and ensure stream team accountability
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics for 2K’s influencer marketing campaigns and owned channel livestreams. Leverage insights and audience feedback to improve 2K’s influencer marketing programs
- Manage and drive all external vendors supporting 2K’s influencer marketing efforts, including but not limited to influencer marketing agencies, talent agencies and freelance contributors Accurately maintain all budgets and oversee execution of agency work and prioritization of projects.
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager colleagues as needed to provide compelling influencer-led content that will engage fans on our brands’ social media channels
- Have a willingness to complete any other reasonable activity required by the Director of Communications or the Communications team
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
2K is looking for an influencer marketing professional with experience launching video games, ongoing lifecycle management, and a personal passion for NBA basketball and the NBA 2K franchise. They have a long list of established relationships within the gaming and lifestyle influencer space and are experienced in leveraging those relationships in both a paid and earned capacity to drive demonstrable results that meet measurable objectives. They have experience with (or at least a strong interest in) taking a data-driven approach to their influencer marketing strategy. They are versed in and have experience working with social and content platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and have collaborated closely with public relations and social media professionals in the past.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or a related area of study
- A minimum of 5+ years of influencer marketing work experience, including experience launching video games. PR/marketing agency experience and knowledge of videogames industry is strongly preferred
- A demonstrated track record of developing well-reasoned, strategic plans, and managing them to completion within scope and budget and achieving set goals
- Strong passion for videogames, especially basketball and other sports games
- Follows the NBA closely and is knowledgeable of the key players in the space
- Culturally connected to the sport, both on-and-off the court, and understands what influences and shapes basketball culture (ie. music, fashion, art, etc.)
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and written and verbal communications skills. Ability to build strong, lasting professional relationships with internal partner groups and individuals
- Ability to anticipate necessary next actions and accept responsibility for moving projects toward completion
- Strong PC skills, expert knowledge of Twitch/YouTube/Mixer and its platform’s features. Familiarity of social listening and video analytics tools like Tubular or Synthesio is strongly preferred