Seeking Part-Time Bus Driver for Assisted Living/Memory Care Residents
A Driver is responsible for assuring dependable facility sponsored scheduled transportation is implemented appropriately and timely, with resident safety the primary priority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Confirm transportation schedule as designated by the Supervisor - date, time, type, locations, and directions. Transport residents to and from activities / errands in safe, organized, and responsible fashion.
* Maintain good communication with staff regarding schedule, time off, resident relations, and condition of vehicle.
* Communicate with residents at least 24 hours prior to departure to clarify times and route.
* Demonstrate positive resident relations and facility's quality care and service standards to residents, families, and the general public. Maintain positive, cheerful attitude at all times.
* Maintain company-owned vehicles to keep them in safe, clean and efficient working order. Inform Supervisor of any maintenance issues concerning the vehicles.
* Maintain vehicle interior in clean orderly fashion during and following usage.
* Remain flexible for unscheduled emergency transportation.
* Fuel vehicle as needed and provide gas receipts to the Supervisor or appropriate designated staff for processing.
* Coordinate activities with other departments as needed.
* Assist with other resident-related, clerical, and inventory duties within scope of qualifications and training as directed. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Follow facility policies and procedures to include emergency, fire and disaster plans.
* Continue to develop job related knowledge, skills and abilities by participating in continuing educational opportunities for personal growth and development.
* Supports and participates in Masterpiece Living(r) (i.e. assists with feedback groups, assists in new initiatives, encourages residents and acts as their "cheerleader").
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor. Attend in-service classes and staff meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to read and write, follow written and oral instructions and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work with the elderly in a courteous and friendly manner, demonstrating patience and compassion. Ability to perform duties with consideration for residents' rights at all times and demonstrate integrity and discretion in the care of residents and in handling their health information. Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to safely operate facility vehicles in accordance with facility policies and procedures, as well as all state and federal regulations. Knowledge of fire, missing persons and other safety and emergency procedures and vehicle maintenance preferred.
* On a daily basis, throughout the workday: Must be capable of driving, sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, reaching, turning, bending, stooping, crouching and kneeling, reaching over the head, grasping with both hands, and fine manipulation. Must physically be able to lift up to 15 pounds unassisted. Must have normal eyesight or use corrective lenses to attain normal eyesight. Must have three-dimensional vision and ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are. Must be able to recognize colors. Must be able to hear and distinguish between normal tones and be able to perceive the nature of sounds. Must be able to exchange ideas by means of the spoken word as well as engage in activities to convey detailed or spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, and/or quickly. Must have normal sense of touch and smell.
Come and join our AWESOME FIRST & MAIN FAMILY!!!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
Hours per week:
This Job Is: