1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify intractable industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, operations research scientists, computer scientists, software developers, computational chemists, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity - A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking - A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration - A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership - A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner's Mindset - A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
As a Software Developer, DevOps you will be working in collaboration with the Cloud and Professional Services Software Development Teams. You will use your experience to gain an understanding of client and partner needs and to translate them into operational requirements for our systems and services. You will lead the design of the infrastructure and processes that enable our teams to exceed client requirements and scale to meet growing demand. Additionally, you will drive the implementation of common services and tools to ensure system reliability and performance. The sharing of knowledge is important to us; so, as an experienced member of the team, you will share your expertise through coaching and assist fellow developers in their efforts to effectively contribute to a constantly evolving infrastructure.
Beyond the day-to-day, we are really looking for you to challenge the status quo of infrastructure automation, deployment, configuration management, instrumentation, and monitoring. Your experience with tools and approaches to simplifying things will help maximize the potential of our product development teams and reduce the time to market.
"Why 1QBit?" you might ask. Well, as the first company dedicated to the development of quantum computing software, we are defining and transforming how the industry evolves. If being a pioneer is not enough, you will also have the opportunity to work on some of the world's most challenging computational problems in the areas of optimization and simulation.
What You'll Do
- Design and set up a Kubernetes data processing PaaS with global inputs
- Work with professional services groups to build infrastructure to meet their needs and support their deliverables
- Work with the Cloud Team to contribute to the improvement of automation systems and monitoring for 1QBit's cloud infrastructure
- Actively share knowledge of common tools and infrastructure by coaching your teammates
- Assist IT with the improvement of company-wide information security initiatives
- Work on various project backlogs of DevOps tasks and report progress to team leads
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team include the following:
Not a must, but nice to have:
- Significant experience in the technical design and operations of cloud services
- Experience with the administration, provisioning, deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting of cloud services
- Knowledge of distributed systems architectures (microservices, event-based architecture) and high-availability concepts such as blue-green deployments
- Experience working with AWS or Azure stacks; Terraform experience is required
- Experience with CI/CD and relevant tooling and automation (Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Expertise in containerized deployment technologies (specifically Docker)
- A deep knowledge of the operation of Kubernetes clusters is highly desirable
- Knowledge of how to set up user-friendly distributed batch processing systems
- Proven proficiency in Python and shell scripting
- Experience supporting production systems and networks
- Expertise in the performance of ongoing preventive and corrective maintenance to meet SLA commitments
- The ability to isolate problems in complex systems and successfully resolve them
- Proven knowledge of networking and security concepts
- Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative and follow through reliably
- A drive to proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An openness to soliciting feedback to improve your performance and, in turn, continually providing input to team members to elevate team performance and contribute to 1QBit's culture
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects, including the implications and opportunities that they will bring
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and success through open communication
- A commitment to challenge the status quo, take smart risks, and be open to possible failure
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- A philosophy of continuous improvement and a passion for knowledge sharing
- Strong organizational skills along with the ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience with visualization technologies and dashboard-driven development
- Experience setting up Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with cross-team collaboration
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of the thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.