1Life is looking for our next team member - maybe that's you? We are a smaller - but growing- successful company in Winnipeg working on developing great workplace safety software. We are company dedicated to ensuring high risk workers have a safe environment and that they make it home safe every day.
If you are passionate about your work, thrive on generating innovative ideas, and enjoy perfecting client-driven solutions with your team, then you're ready to join our team and set your career in motion. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for analysis, design, and development of world-class Web-based safety software in an agile (Scrum) development environment.
Our stack is AngularJS/ColdFusion/SQL Server/Jenkins/AWS (Soon!). If these aren't in your wheelhouse, don't let that deter you. This is a role for a smart developer, with a willingness to grow in the role. Your experience with programming languages is less important than your overall software development chops.
A Day in the Life
The Software Developer will be responsible for contributing high quality code, ensuring code is well architected, written and maintainable, participate in collaborative meetings, gather feedback, plan, design, and implement software features.
Some of the things you can expect to do on a day to day basis:
- Analyzing client requests, recommend solutions and strategies while ensuring deadlines are met
- Diagram out solutions for complex problems before building them
- Estimate work with the team using planning poker
- Writing code that meet requirements defined by your Project Development Lead
- Creating appropriate tests for the features you build and bugs you fix
- Collaborate with support team and key customers to resolve technical issues
- Work in an Agile (Scrum) development environment
- Finding a Developer to perform a code review prior to merging in code
- Performing code reviews when requested
A Bit About You
- An experienced developer - Your background is in computer science or engineering. You have a minimum of 3-6+ years relevant experience writing code.
- Independent - A motivated person that can manage their own list, solve most of their own problems but knows when to ask for help to optimize their time.
- Creative problem solver - You truly enjoy creating the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technology/methodologies/processes.
- Adaptable - Technology changes incredibly fast. You are continually evolving your skills. You learn knew technologies, you embrace new development processes, and you don't become too emotionally invested in any particular process or technology
- Takes Initiative - Have you ever noticed a problem, and then fixed it without being asked? Or observed an opportunity, and then capitalized on it? You are continually improving things when they notice ways to make them better.
- Teamwork - Loves to work with a team collaboratively but also knows when it's best to be heads down and focused.
- Customer Focus - For every user story/bug completed, there is a customer waiting on the result. Are you able to think like our customers and make our software easy to use? Do you try to anticipate the features and functionality that might be requested before the request is made?
- Collaborator & Communicator - Communication must be highly nuanced for the particular stakeholder or group being spoken to. You keep all stakeholders informed on all the important issues.
- DevOps Lover - If you can automate something, you will so that you can stay focused on higher value deliverables.
Remote work is not an option. We are looking to hire locally. Out of province/country candidates will not be considered or responded to.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter.
- What can I expect when I submit my application?
- A real person will review your application and either schedule a conversation with you or let you know that we're passing on your candidacy within 5 business days (if you are a local candidate!)
- What does the interview process involve?
- The first step is a conversation with our Director of Product Management (Via phone). He'll focus on the human side of things and answer any questions you may have. From there, we'll provide an opportunity for those that exhibit a high potential to be successful in our environment to demonstrate their technical capabilities and then talk shop with some members of the Technology team (on-site). Assuming you're one of our finalists, you will meet with the owner and we will introduce you to some of your future teammates.
- We're not just interviewing you. We want to make sure that we're the right fit for each other, so please feel encouraged to interview us at every step.
Job Type: Full-time
- writing code: 3 years (Preferred)
- HTML5/CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- AngularJS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)