Job Type: Full-time. 35-40 hours/week. 5 days per week including occasional weekend work.
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Orangeville, ON
Hours of Work: Between the hours of 7am-6 pm Monday to Friday with occasional weekends.
-Education: High School or Equivalent
-Experience: 2 years' experience in the field of food manufacturing or professional kitchen work an asset.
-Vehicle: The position requires a reliable vehicle to travel on country gravel roads, snow tires mandatory.
-Must enjoy eating dark chocolate and sample throughout the daily production process to ensure quality.
-Ability to repetitively lift and move 50+ LB boxes without assistance. If you suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome or other maladies of the hand, wrist, arm, shoulder, hips, knees and back, this is not an appropriate job for you.
The Production Lead (PL) is a key role within our organization. The PL main duty is to consistently manufacture quality chocolate according to the set standard. It is paramount to create quality chocolate, while simultaneously ensuring food and worker safety, and an overall positive experience for our customers and staff.
The PL will manufacture/package products (dark chocolate and chocolate based body care) and oversee all areas of production; management and training of 4-6 production staff, preventative maintenance/repair of machinery, daily record keeping, update/improve training manuals, maintain inventory, maintain safe entry into facility, reduce inefficiencies and material loss, additional duties as assigned.
The PL must have proven management skills, conflict resolution skills, ability and desire to hold oneself accountable, ability to take and give instruction, strong organizational and communication skills.
JOB DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Make chocolate that meets/exceeds quality standards; competency in every aspect of the manufacturing process.
- Management and training of production staff and systems of production, including the Health & Safety program.
- Scheduling chocolatier and production staff hours and days of work.
- Monitoring staff performance; apply corrective or disciplinary action as required.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures and budgets.
- Maintain a working knowledge of statutory regulations affecting food production, health and safety, and ensure that any safety hazards are identified and rectified.
- Ensure food is handled, stored and processed in according to health and safety standards, and that proper clean up occurs to meet health regulations.
- Work with the QC Lead and President to improve the current inventory tracking, re-ordering system, and Lot # tracking for raw materials & packaging. Improve on current system of daily production tracking.
- Preventive maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Maintaining inventory of food ingredient and packaging.
- Assist President in the re-location of production facility.
- Work with President and QA Lead in preparation for growth and HAACP / GMP certification
- Assist with the examination of new production equipment and processes and determine related food and labour costs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proven management skills, proven ability to discipline and confront issues in a timely manner in a firm, friendly and fair manner.
- Honesty, integrity, patience, dependability,
- Team player
- Take instructions well. Enjoys following policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn new skills/concepts and apply this knowledge quickly and accurately.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to get along with others.
- Detail oriented, precise and organized.
- Strong and developed oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated physical strength and endurance.
- Thrives in a job where you are held accountable.
- Derives pleasure from investing time & effort into a project, enjoys the experience of a job well done and sees projects through to completion.
- Ability to repetitively lift and move 50+ LB boxes without assistance. If you suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome or other maladies of the hand, wrist, arm, shoulder and back, this is not an appropriate job for you
- Demonstrated ability to stand for long periods of time
- Hold a valid driver's license.
- Own or have regular access to a reliable vehicle with snow tires.
- Ability to work in a temperature-controlled environment.
ONLY SERIOUS EXPERIENCED APPLICANTS PLEASE
Job Type: Full-time
- food manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Orangeville, ON (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Required)