The Network Engineer position requires the core competencies in various disciplines within IT Networking in a fast paced e-commerce environment. The candidate will provide support in all aspects of Network infrastructure consisting of LAN/WAN, HW & SW, routers, switches, firewalls, management systems, and monitoring systems. This individual will provide diagnoses, resolution, and documentation in all aspects of supporting, implementing and managing an enterprise network environment. Resolve hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate manner. Monitor the LAN/WAN devices including traffic and utilization trends. Strong troubleshooting ability required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the performance and availability of the network infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards in order that maximum productivity is achieved.
- Design, Configuration, Implementation, and Support of all network components.
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnostic services.
- Experienced with Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- Participation in Day-to-Day Operations of Hosting and Corporate environments
- Analysis of complex network problems and coordination of resolutions
- On-Call for after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain complete detail technical documentation of the network environment.
- Other functions include analyzing new technologies and determining their applicability in the firm's network, analyzing current WAN bandwidth usage and forecasting future requirements, and providing support in troubleshooting routing, switching and circuit problems
- Minimum 5 years in Cisco Technology experience
- Strong and Extensive knowledge of LAN and WAN based technologies and protocols, including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Layer 2/3 Switching & Routing and proficient in TCP/IP
- Above average Level Layer 1 through 3 troubleshooting ability
- Minimum 4 years Hands-on experience in the installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of multi-user, multi-protocol networks
- Hands-on experience using Cisco and other networking products, including Load Balancers, switches, VPN devices, and routers.
- Hands-on Cisco ASA Firewalls, IPSEC/GRE & SSL User VPN and Remote Access technologies
- Familiarity with network management tools such as Cisco Prime, Cisco Security Manager, Cisco ACS, Riverbed Profiler/Shark, Cacti
- Experience with Cisco Wireless technologies including Prime, WLC, Light APs and Aruba
- F5 LTM & GTM
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- In depth knowledge of Infrastructure Security and Policy
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems related field or Equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic Internet environment.
- Previous experience with design and implementation of large complex networks.
- Previous experience with coordinating vendors, carriers and other service provider activities
- Must have worked on a project from beginning to end that involved a major Network roll out which can be characterized as an "Evolution of a Network"
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to be "on-call" for after-hours support as needed.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and critical Holidays.
- VoIP experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment