1189102 BC Ltd is a construction product manufacturing company. We are currently starting up a manufacturing facility in Moose Jaw, SK and will be building a new plant in the lower mainland of BC this year. Our corporate head office is located in Vancouver.
We are in the early stage of our company set up. We require the support of Recruiter to assist with the hiring and onboarding functions in our Moose Jaw Plant and BC plants.
The corporate culture is one of inclusiveness, transparency, integrity and trust. We are building a strong team of highly talented people in an exceptional environment.
The position of Recruiter consists of designing recruitment strategies, conducting full recruitment cycle and creating a pipeline of talented applicant pool.
- Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans:
- Work along with Hiring Manager on recruitment needs and create job description as per the requirement.
- Develop full recruitment cycle for each open position to fill it efficiently and effectively.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Conduct employee forecast report to attain a pool of well qualified candidates in advance.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Post openings in online venues, newspaper classifieds, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Use social media platforms to built network and source candidates.
- Network Through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups, and Employees:
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates and which job board should be used to attract the applicant pool.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Represent company on various job fair events.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Develop and Track Measurable Facets of the Recruiting and Hiring Process:
- Among other potential recruiting and hiring measurements, collect data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, the impact of a continuous improvement process on cost savings, and the improvement of work processes in the time taken or steps involved.
- Additional measurements to consider are employee turnover rate, employee turnover cost, and preventable employee turnover.
- Consider additional measurements that aid you in continuous improvement, cost control, and hiring great people.
- Coordinate and Implement College Recruiting Initiatives:
- Provide college students a co-op job opportunity
- Develop working relationships with colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Administrative Duties and Record Keeping:
- Manage the use of recruiters and head-hunters.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct pre-screening interviews (Telephone interviews)
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Conduct exit interviews to polish the employee retainment process.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Create and perform an onboarding process for smooth transition of the new employees.
- Prepare and send new employee orientation packages.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree is required in Human Resources or Marketing
- Minimum of five years of experience required in Recruitment, Sale and Manufacturing Recruitment experience is an asset
- Registered Professional Recruiter (RPR) designation preferred.
Mondays to Fridays 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (including 1 hour for lunch)
Bonus % of salary paid out at company year-end (pro-rated to employment term and company/personal performance)
Sick leave 5 days
Vacation 3 weeks (2 consecutive weeks permitted)
Benefits plan Commences after probation
Probation Period: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Recruitment: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)