The Site Director will provide strategic and tactical direction. Responsible for all wholesale and direct to consumer warehousing, inventory, assembly/production, material handling, and distribution functions.
Will oversee a full-time staff of 18 -- 20 employees and up to 300 part-time/seasonal employees that are secured through a temporary labor agency. S/He stands out as an inspirational leader and passionately drives a collaborative, innovative, and results driven culture. This leader has a "can do" attitude and the ability to lead and energize a diverse group of talented individuals.
The individual in this position is responsible for:
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout the Company's operations.
- Interact regularly with executive team, department heads, and brand leadership, to ensure that Company's operational priorities are aligned with enterprise direction.
- Continually investigate and execute process improvements and introduce new measures.
- Clearly document all operational workflows, policies, and procedures to determine areas of weakness and to provide job knowledge to employees.
- Manage all activities related to inventory control. Including: physical inventories, close-out of inventory, regular cycling (FIFO).
- Human capital development, training, and evaluation.
- Manage domestic co-packers.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Develop and direct information technology to ensure that all operational systems are continuously evaluated for proper operation, relevance, and utilization. Select and maintain inventory management, production, and distribution systems. Ensure that company is migrated toward technology offerings that will generate higher efficiency, enhanced reporting and tracking capabilities, and substantial ROI.
- Facility management, including security and maintenance.
- Manage 3rdparty service providers; HVAC, security protection, fire protection, flexible warehouse air-cooling systems, etc.
- Ensure our operations are compliant with all regulatory agencies.
- Ensure our processes and procedures comply with SOX requirements.
- As one of the SQF Practitioners this person is responsible for food safety at DesignPac and has the authority to cover for the Lead SQF Practitioner who is the Quality Assurance Manager
This position reports to: VP of Manufacturing and Fulfillment
Reporting to this position are: Production manager, Production Scheduler, Outbound Freight Manager, Onsite Warehouse Manager, Offsite Warehouse Manager, Direct to Consumer (D to C) Order Manager, D to C Fulfillment and Shipping Manager, Inventory Manager. Dotted-line reporting of IT Manager.
- 7 -10 years of progressive responsibility in Distribution/ Logistics leadership
- A Science, Distribution and/or Logistics Degree
- Capable of significantly impacting the business through strategic and tactical direction of production facilities, fulfillment centers, transportation management, and forecasting.
- Experience with distribution for both the wholesale channel and D to C. (Pick and Pack operation.)
- LSS: Lean Six Sigma training and background.
- Successful background in cost reduction and productivity improvement using innovative approaches to Supply Chain Management.
- Track record of proven success in motivating and managing an organization through change.
- Excellent skills in negotiating, communication, project management, business analysis and supplier strategy.
- Solid financial acumen; especially related to supply chain costs.
- Strong IT background and understanding of available systems. Experienced as using technology to drive better processes.
- Experience with managing inventory at multiple locations.
- Ability to successfully maintain the energy and initiative required to meet the demands of an intense production "season" (August -- December).
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Management: 7 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Employee discounts