We are looking for a mid to senior level engineer with experience in services development with Spring Boot. The right candidate for this role will have be proficient in Java, Spring boot REST API development.
- As an individual contributor, responsible for participating in all aspects of software development life cycle including estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation and post implementation application support.
- Mentoring junior members of the team, review their code, actively contribute to team standards and engage in collaborative professional culture.
- Collaborate closely with business leaders and engineering teams to enhance and extend our technology stack.
- Responsible for defining, enhancing and implementing internal and external APIs.
- Demonstrate contagious motivation to build best-of-breed software, and advocate for best practices in RESTful API development.
- Frequently deliver high quality code into production using continuous delivery tools and strategies
- Embrace agile methodologies and the advantages it brings to communication, flexibility, and delivering working code.
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.
- This role requires staying calm under pressure, and a willingness to work extra hours especially during holiday periods or project deadlines.
- 4+ Years' Experience, and expert knowledge in developing cloud based applications with Java and Spring Boot.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Rest, Spring JPA, Spring Cloud.
- Experience in using some unit test case frameworks.
- Knowledge of no sql databases like Couchbase and MongoDB.
- Experience designing / maintaining / tuning high-performance code to ensure optimal performance.
- Strong knowledge of web security practice.
- Knowledge about Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Git, source control procedures, and feature branching
- The right candidate will have an innate technical curiosity, and strong communication skills.
Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field. Masters or more a plus. Please submit a code sample with your application