COMPANY AND ROLE
At 0x, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the cutting edge of internet and economic advancement.
We're a highly technical, globally distributed team headquartered in San Francisco. 0x's protocol and toolset power a diverse set of marketplaces around the world; we build and maintain many of the fundamental building blocks that allow for the frictionless, non-custodial exchange of value. The Developer Experience team, specifically, is in charge of building the tooling, starter projects, and documentation that make it a delight to build on 0x.
Some of the projects we are currently working on are:
- 0x Mesh - a P2P network for sharing 0x orders
- Abi-gen - a code generator capable of generating sophisticated wrappers for our smart contracts in multiple programming languages
- Docs 2.0 - a complete re-design of our documentation to improve information hierarchy, on-boarding, search, and interactivity
- 0x Launch Kit - A Relayer-in-a-box starter kit for spinning up an exchange or marketplace using 0x
As a Front-End Engineer on Developer Experience, you'll bring a passion for building intuitive, information-dense user experiences for a technical audience. You're deeply empathetic to the experience of ramping up on a new tool-set and a rapidly evolving tech stack, and you'll help create a cohesive, recognizable workflow that undeniably makes 0x's developer experience best-in-class.
- Almost all the work we do is open-source and free-to-use
- We are addressing a unique problem with potential to disrupt the legacy financial system and create a major shift in global commerce
- We are one of the first companies to offer liquid digital assets as part of our compensation package
- We are working on a rapidly evolving decentralized tech stack
- You'll become the product owner for 0x Launch Kit, continuing to add features and improvements, and providing additional tools and tutorials for deploying Launch Kit to production environments. This includes integrating 0x Mesh into Launch Kit so that every instance of it automatically connects to the Mesh P2P network and integrating search functionality into our marketplace templates.
- You'll also own and drive the 0x Docs revamp, working with the team to continuously improve the developer experience given feedback from analytics, developer surveys, and customer conversations. You'll ensure our docs remain up-to-date and relevant as 0x protocol upgrades occur and new tools are released, and you'll implement novel features such as auto-generated, runnable code snippets for all the languages we support via Abi-gen.
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building features that are simple, intuitive, performant, and reliable
- Translate designs, wireframes, and business requirements into high-quality code
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy within a collaboratively minded team
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), design, research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- Strong technical background and 3+ years of professional full-stack engineering experience
- Proficiency with React, Redux, and ES6
- Ability to write very high-quality, well-tested code
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated passion for and in-depth knowledge of developer-first platforms
- Proficiency with TypeScript
- Knowledge of market structures and exchange related concepts
- Understanding of blockchain technology and cryptoeconomic protocols
- Additional cryptocurrency-based compensation
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and transportation reimbursement
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Great office conveniently located in Soma
- Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it — three weeks/year minimum)
0x is dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its team and workforce, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.